Mr. Colin Alwin Harris
With his vivacious imagination and admiration for the cinematic arts, filmmaker COLIN ALWIN HARRIS, is riding the waves of the buzz behind his recent action thriller movie, Haima. Since its premiere in September 2016, HAIMA, has won “Best Florida Project at the Central Florida Film Festival, “Best Feature Film” at the MAC Film Festival in Brazil, and received an Honorary Mention Award from the Indie Gathering Film Festival.
Colin Harris is a screenwriter, director, and producer. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Excelsior College, a master’s degree from Troy University, and MBA certificate from Post University and is currently pursuing a doctoral degree from the University of West Florida. He also studied professional screenwriting from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Harris’s interest in the cinematic arts began in 2002 when he started his own production company, Global Impact Empire Entertainment, and began producing projects on the Florida Gulf Coast. In 2004 he shot and edited “Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame Expo, and in 2006 he directed and produced a 21-minute short film, “Flawed Proposal”. In 2012, he assisted in the production of the award winning documentary “Pui Chan: Kung Fu Pioneer”. In 2009, the busy husband and father switched his focus to sharing his knowledge as an instructor at Central Florida Institute of Technology. In 2016, Harris completed the awarding winning feature film titled ‘HAIMA”.
This online digital filmmaking course is a comprehensive program that will teach you how to create a film from concept to completion. This unique course offers lectures and one-on-one mentoring which gives students the opportunity to explore what it takes to make a video by working on a short project from concept to post-production. You will learn under your mentor’s direct supervision. With this course, you learn in two ways: through hands-on assignments, field projects, and from the curriculum in our online course management system.
Target Audience: One of the hallmarks of Digital Filmmaking is understanding that it exists at all aspects of today’s life. Therefore, all aspiring filmmakers are welcome. You don’t need any prior filmmaking knowledge.
Duration: 15 Weeks
This Organizational Development & Leadership Series course will begin on Monday, January 1, 2017
You will need the following for this course:
- Internet connection.
- A camera with video capturing capabilities (Don’t worry about acquiring top-of-the-line gear)
- A computer with video editing software.
- Textbooks: Understanding Movies (12th Edition) 12th Edition – ISBN-13: 978-0205737543
Upon completion of each course, students will receive:
- 15 units of course materials— lessons and HD video available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A professional filmmaker as your mentor— there to help you improve, provide technical support and review your work as you move through the course.
- Access to our student forum— an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions and share your ideas.
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- 14 days to review the course risk-free— full refunds offered in the first two weeks after enrollment
- cFIT Certificate in Professional Filmmaking — delivered upon course completion.
Special Note: If you complete all 15 modules, you will receive a total of 3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU) credit.