Central Florida Institute of Technology has an open admission policy. This means that our admission process is unselective and non-competitive; the only criteria for admission is that students have a high school diploma or GED certificate. In addition, CFIT has a rolling admissions process, meaning we accept new students year-round. However, if you plan to start classes in the fall or spring, you will want to submit your application by the posted deadline. You can complete your entire application online, then follow the steps to enroll below to finish the enrollment process and start classes.
Thank you for visiting the Admissions website of Central Florida Institute of Technology! We are glad you are here and we hope that you find the information on this website to be helpful as you transition to one of the premiere learning-centered institutions in the United States.
You have never been enrolled in a college or university.
You have never been enrolled in a college or university, with the exception of dual enrollment while in high school.
You are already enrolled in, or have graduated from, a college or university and wish to apply with Central Florida Tech.
You currently live or were educated outside of the United States, and have never been enrolled in a college or university.
- Non-degree Seeking
You would like to take classes at Central Florida Tech, but do not wish to seek a diploma or degree.
- Continuing Education
You are a nontraditional student or lifelong learner who wishes to continuing their education.
AffordableCFIT has the lowest tuition and fees in the entire state of Florida.
ConvenienceOnline courses at Central Florida Institute of Technology makes education more convenient for students all around the world, those with health concerns or disabilities, and those who frequently travel or move.
gConnectThe Central Florida Institute of Technology gConnect network spans the globe, with students and alumni studying in all seven continents — including Antarctica. If you are an international student, please visit the International Student page to determine what documentation you will need to apply.
Applying to Central Florida Institute is like a breath of fresh air.
- You can apply year-round. We review applications on a rolling basis.
- You don’t have to submit SAT or ACT scores. Of course, if you have them, feel free to show them off. But they’re not required to apply.
- You don’t need a minimum GPA. We know that smarts can’t all be measured the same way. Braniacs of all stripes are welcome to apply: those with a 5.0, and those without.
- We want to know who you are. Your story is a big part of the application process. We may ask you to participate in an application interview to give you a chance to talk about your interests and experiences.
- We let you know the decision quickly. Waiting around makes us bite our nails, too. The Office of Admission makes every effort to inform applicants of admission decisions within about a week of completion of all application requirements. In some cases, you can get your decision much faster—within 24 hours.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- In order to enroll, you must submit a completed online Application for Admission.
- When you apply for admission to Central Florida Institute of Technology for associate’s of diploma level credit courses, you are required to pay a $30.00 application fee which is not refundable and not transferable.
- Official high school or homeschooled* transcript.
- Official college transcript (an initial transcript for application review, as well as a final copy once all college course work is complete and degree is posted), if applicable.
- Official GED* or TOEFL/IELTS score, if applicable
At Central Florida Institute of Technology, we believe that you shouldn’t have to sell a kidney to get a quality education. To be sure that you don’t resort to such measures, we’re here to do everything possible to get you the financial resources you need to achieve your educational goals.
Questions about paying for CFIT? Just ask!
Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need help, explanations, forms, or any information about getting assistance. We want to be sure that nothing about your financials left unclear to you.